Teach Brazilian Students: Top Companies
Here are the top companies you can work for to teach English online to Brazilian students. If you are interested in helping Brazilian students learn English, there are quite a few options. Cambly and Latin Hire are the best, in my opinion.
Why do Brazilian students want to study English?
English is still not a popular language in comparison to Spanish, German, and Italian. According to the British Council, In 2019 only 5% of Brazil’s population spoke English.
If you want to teach English to Brazilian students then Cambly is a good company for you. Cambly caters to students all around the world, but there is a large audience of Brazilian students. If you open your schedule during peak hours in Brazilian, you will receive many Brazilian students. You can go further and cater your profile primarily to Brazilian students, too, to build and Brazilian student base.
Cambly Teacher Requirements
- no degree or teaching certificate necessary
- must be a native English speaker
- laptop or desktop or Chromebook
- no minimum hours, no commitment.
Cambly Teacher Pay
- earn $10.20 USD/hour
- Cambly pays the same regardless of your residency- so great for expats in cheap countries
#2 Latin Hire
Latin Hire is a great company for teachers who want to teach online for students in Latin America. If you speak Spanish or Portuguese, this company is a great fit for you. The company will even hire non-native teachers with neutral accidents.
Latin Hire Teacher Requirements
- non-natives accepted
Latin Hire Teacher Pay
- $8-10 an hour.
Freelance ESL Platforms that cater to Brazilian Students
Many platforms allow English tutors to specify what students they want. Try some freelance ESL platforms if you want to teach Indian students.
Here are some common platforms that let you teach English online your own way while teaching students from Brazil.
Build your own Platform
You can also build your own booking platform and target a student base n Brazil.
Also, if you want to be a totally independent freelance online English teacher, you need to build your own booking platform. Read “Build Your Own Tutor Service Booking Website”, an e-book from Foreign Development English, that can guide you. Then join the Facebook group: Online Teachers – Independent, Fulfilled & HIGHLY Paid! for more support and networking.
Join our forum to connect with other teachers who have experience teaching students in South America.
I also made an extremely comprehensive comparison chart that you can look at, too. You can sort through the columns to filter by companies that only focus on Brazilan students and find the company that is the best fit for you.
- The Ultimate Guide: Top 10 Online Jobs for Teens
- Penning Positivity: The Magic of Encouragement Letters
- Starlink Roam: Bridging the Galaxy for Online Education
- Bonjour! Guten Tag! Ciao! 6 European ESL companies you’ll love
- Dracula to Dangling Participles
- California Dreaming: Teach English Online from the Golden State
- From Pajamas to Paycheck: Online remote English teaching jobs
- Oui, Oui! Teaching English to French Students Online
- Read All About It: Free News Sites for learning English
- The Skillful Teacher: The Top Must-Read for Boosting Your Teaching Game