Teach Vietnamese Students: Top Companies
Here are the top companies you can work for to teach English online to Vietnamese students. If you are interested in helping Vietnamese students learn English, there are quite a few options.
If you want to teach English to Vietnamese students then Kidtopi is the company for you.
Kidtopi is based in Hanoi, Vietnam and its audience is Vietnamese Young Learners. Kidtopi ESL teachers teach Vietnamese kids using an adapted American curriculum based on CEFR standards and incorporating Common Core State Standards.
The company says its goal is to create “high-quality English learning experience to help Young Learners be ‘Global Citizens’ as Vietnam rapidly grows.” What could be better than that?!
Kidtopi Teacher Requirement
- have a laptop
- noise-canceling headphones
Kidtopi Teacher Pay
- 160 php per hour
- 80 php per 25-minute class,
- short notice classes give you a bonus: php 10/class, arrive on time to class php 10/class, teach a minimum of. 55 classes per month php 5/class
#2. One On One English
One on One Teacher Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree required
- U.S. or Canadian Nationality
- 120+ TEFL/TESOL/CELTA teaching credential
- minimum 1 year of teaching experience with kids
One on One English Teacher Pay
- Earn up to $20/hr base pay
- Incentive and bonus pay includes: Short Notice bookings bonus, weekend bonus, classroom Hero Bonus (teach more than 45 classes a month)
If you want to teach English to Vietnamese students then Cambly is a good company for you. Cambly caters to students all around the world, but there is a large audience of Vietnamese students. If you open your schedule during peak hours in Vietnam, you will receive many Vietnamese students. You can go further and cater your profile primarily to Vietnamese students, too, to build a Vietnamese student base.
Cambly Teacher Requirements
- no degree or teaching certificate necessary
- must be a native English speaker
- laptop or desktop or Chromebook
- no minimum hours, no commitment.
Cambly Teacher Pay
- earn $10.20 USD/hour
- Cambly pays the same regardless of your residency- so great for expats in cheap countries
Teach English: Live in Vietnam
In addition to checking out these opportunities to teach English online to Vietnamese students, you can also consider actually moving to Vietnam and getting a job in a school there. If this interests you, then read 7 of the Best English Teaching Jobs in Vietnam
How can I teach English online in Vietnam?
To teach English online in Vietnam, check out my comprehensive comparison chart of companies you can work for.
Sort through the columns to filter by pay.
What English issues are difficult for Vietnamese students?
Vietnamese students may encounter a variety of challenges when learning and using English due to differences in pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, and idiomatic expressions. Here are some common issues that Vietnamese students may face:
- Pronunciation: Vietnamese and English have different sound systems, and some English sounds may not exist in Vietnamese. Vietnamese students may struggle with certain consonant clusters, such as “th” and “st,” as well as with vowel sounds that are different from those in Vietnamese. Additionally, Vietnamese students may have difficulty with stress and intonation patterns in English.
- Grammar: Vietnamese and English have different grammar structures, which can cause confusion for Vietnamese students. For example, Vietnamese does not use articles like “a” and “the,” and word order is generally more flexible. Additionally, like many other foreign language students, Vietnamese speakers may also have difficulty with English verb tenses, prepositions, and phrasal verbs.
- Idiomatic expressions: English has many idiomatic expressions that may not make sense when translated literally into Vietnamese. Vietnamese students may have difficulty understanding these expressions and using them correctly in conversation.
Overall, Vietnamese students may face some challenges when learning and using English, but you can improve their proficiency and communication skills through online ESL classes.
If this was helpful, check out these related posts: