K-Drama, K-Pop, and K-Learning: Top 4 Companies to Teach Korean Students
Here are the top 4 companies you can work for to teach English online to Korean students.
First, I suggest looking into Engliphone. They offer a decent amount per hour to teach Korean students. You can also teach audio-only classes through them. Even better, they pay more than most other online ESL companies. Engliphone pays $17 per hour for phone classes and $20 for video classes.
- A high-speed internet connection
- Requires Windows (Mac is not compatible)
- one year of teaching experience
- no degree required
- no certification required
- North American or Canadian accent
- pays $17 per hour for phone classes
- pays $20 per hour for video classes
Skybel Teacher Requirements
- No certification is required, but Skybel native-speaker teachers are past IELTS examiners.
- Ask directly for the most recent requirements; their email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and their Skype is live:skybels.
- Skybel pays $16-20 per hour to native speakers.
If you are interested in teaching Korean high-school students or children, then Boktutors might be an excellent fit. BokTutors is an ESL company hiring you to teach high school and elementary students. The audience is primarily Korean students who want to study abroad. You can join the FB group to learn more.
Boktutors Teacher Requirements
- Degree required
- No certification required
- 2 MB/s minimum internet
#4. Carrot Global
Another good fit for ESL instructors who want to teach English online to Korean students is Carrot Global. This company has a major perk too. They are another company that allows you to teach audio-only classes.
Carrot Global Teacher Requirements
- BA required
- no certification required
Carrot Global Pay
- $13 to $17 per hour
Also, I suggest looking into Cambly. I have taught many Korean students on Cambly. One of my favorite students on Cambly lived in South Korea. We still share some Pokemon Go gifts back and forth, which is fun. I like seeing the South Korean hotspots through the little digital postcards.
To get Korean students on Cambly you need to tweak your settings and profile. The platform caters to students worldwide, but you can set the hours to peak Korean time. Next, cater your profile to Korean students. For example, consider adding some Korean characters in your profile bio. Also, clearly state your interest in Korean culture.
Lastly, I made a highly comprehensive comparison chart of all the major ESL companies. You can use it to search for companies that only focus on Korean students.
No matter which company you choose, I hope you enjoy the Hallyu wave and your lovely Korean students!
And, as always, if this interests you, I wrote some related posts below.