The chart below shows the online ESL companies with the highest pay. To find out who pays the most, see the ESL comparison chart below.
Comparing BASE PAY of ESL Companies
Generally, teaching kids pays more than teaching adults.
They pay a BASE pay of $7-10, roughly, per 25-minute class.
In addition, many pay an incentive bonus that can range from $1-5 extra per class.
This is the “TOP PAY” in the graph. You earn the incentive bonus by teaching during PEAK hours, or finishing grading on time, or teaching a minimum amount of classes each week, and so on. Incentive pay is exactly what it sounds like. The company uses it to incentivize you to teach when and how the students prefer.
Here is a chart ranking online teaching companies by the base pay they offer. The potential pay is shown too.
* ESL Companies change their base pay and incentive pay to reflect the supply and demand of teachers and students. If you see your current company and your current pay is not reflected here, please email to let me know!
ESL Companies with the Highest Pay: Your Own?
However, you can command a high pay rate if you teach English to adults and focus on a niche, such as Business English, English for IELTS exam, English for Pilots.
Consider working for yourself and setting up your own booking platform.
Make your Own Booking Site to Teach English Online
If this interests you, you might be interested in reading the “Build Your Own Tutor Service Booking Website” e-book from Foreign Development English.
This e-book teaches you to set up your own platform for lesson scheduling and payments. It is a very easy-to-follow tutorial.
Learn More About Teaching ESL Online
- The Ultimate Guide: Top 10 Online Jobs for Teens
- Penning Positivity: The Magic of Encouragement Letters
- Starlink Roam: Bridging the Galaxy for Online Education
- Bonjour! Guten Tag! Ciao! 6 European ESL companies you’ll love
- Dracula to Dangling Participles
- California Dreaming: Teach English Online from the Golden State