Do you like animals? What pets do you have? Let’s learn about pets and how we can take care of our pets.
Movie time: Taking care of our Pets
We will practice using our new words, now.
Ryan calls Santa and helps Santa’s pets. Did you know Santa had pets?! How does Ryan take care of the pets?
What animals does Santa find?
What sport does Santa play?
What was wrong with the cat
What was wrong with the dog?
What pet is your favorite?
Going to the Vet: Taking care of our Pets
Who helps us take care of our pets? A vet!
Vet is short for the word veterinarian. A vet is a doctor for animals They help the animal feel better!
How many syllables are in veterinarian? 6 syllables
Divide veterinarian into syllables: vet-er-i-na-ri-an
How to pronounce veterinarian
What does Ryan do to make the pets happy?
What does your mom or dad do for you when you are sick?
What do you eat?
What do you drink?
BINGO: Let’s sing a song about a pet dog!
Learn some more pet words here: ferret, hamster, gecko
The vocabulary list from above has been made into some picture flashcards that you can download and use whenever you have some time to practice with your children. You can either click on the picture or the following link to download them.
ESL games for kids
- ESL kids pets animals dominos
- ESL kids pets animals crossword
- ESL kids pets animals picture board game
- ESL kids pets animals picture bingo
ESL kids worksheets
- ESL kids pets animals multiple choice matching worksheet
- ESL kids pets animals tracing worksheet
- ESL kids pets animals tracing and matching worksheet
- ESL kids pets animals tracing and writing worksheet
- ESL kids pets animals writing worksheet
- ESL kids pets animals spelling worksheet