Some Great Rewards for Older Boys
Fun Online ESL Rewards for older boys keep students engaged and learning, and they can provide positive reinforcement for good behavior in class: a double whammy! Here are some fun online rewards for ESL classrooms for older boys.
The Best Online Classroom Rewards for Older Boys
- Play *ultimate* tic-tac-toe
- Draw Minecraft Steve
- Draw an impossible triangle (or draw any complex 3D shape or).
- Draw a trompe l’oeil illustration
- Play two player gunball online
- Make gruesome exquisite corpses with an interactive whiteboard
- Flip the script: They are the teacher for the day. They must teach you something you don’t already know.
- Make an origami dinosaur
- dots and boxes is a fun cool-down game for older boys. You can take a screenshot of a grid and pull it up on AWW App so you can both draw on the same grid. Each 5 boxes, tell the student they need to make up a new username in the chatbox. It is lots of fun, and students are often very creative. My recent student dubbed himself “a block of bread” and “mashed potatoes with fried carrots” at one point.
- Play “Would You Rather“
- Play “Two truths and a lie”
- Online Choose your Own Adventure Story
- Collect digital stickers
- Assign them a digital desk pet to care for
- Spin a physical or digital classroom spinner
Why Use Reward Systems for Older Boys
Reward systems can keep older boys motivated to learn. Many online ESL Companies already include an online reward for students within the platform. Often, you award stars or thumbs up or praise within the class platform. Extrinsic motivators like a fun reward or game can eventually make the student comfortable enough to become intrinsically motivated later, too.
If this interested you, here are some related posts.