Top 5 Audio-based ESL Companies in the Philippines
Here are some audio-based ESL companies that will hire you if you are from the Philippines. You can read more here Audio Only ESL Companies, too.
Do you want to teach English online but you don’t want to face the camera? No problem. Try Jason English. It is an online school based in Beijing China that teaches students one-on-one. Jason English hires native speakers but also considers Filipinos, which is good to know. Most of the students you teach will be adults who want audio classes using QQ or SKYPE. However, Jason English also has some young student clients who use virtual classrooms, so if you teach kids you will be required to be on video. It just depends on what you are hired for. Make sure to ask during your interview.
Jason English Teacher Requirements:
- Non-native OK
- Be available between 6pm to 11pm (+8 GMT Manila/Beijing Time) for at least 5 days a week including one-weekend shift.
Jason English Pay
For Filipino teachers, rates vary between 115 pesos per hour to 225 pesos per hour with the opportunity to increase hourly rates.
For native speakers with neutral accents, the company asks you to PM them for individualized rates.
Action Language Online
You can also teach audio-only classes for Actions Language Online as long as you have a neutral accent and a wired internet connection. Actions Language Online is based in Taiwan. You teach English to Taiwanese students and use Skype. You teach via 55-minute audio classes. They only accept women as teachers, which is a little strange, but you can read more about their current teachers’ experiences here.
Action Language Online Teacher Requirements:
- they only accept female applicants.
- non-native speakers welcome as teachers
- have a neutral accent.
- a laptop/desktop
- at least 2mbps wired internet connection
- noise-canceling headset required
Actions Language Online Pay
- 130-150 peso/hour
Spiiker will gladly hire Filipino teachers for their online ESL courses. The company is based in China. When you teach for Spiker, you will teach students through one-on-one classes using Skype.
Spiiker Teacher Requirements:
- have a non-native neutral accent.
- non-native speakers can apply
- teach from 7 PM to 11 PM Beijing time, weekdays
- teach both adults and children.
- Lessons are 20 minutes and over Skype
Twice monthly pay into your BPI bank account. That is where they will make all the wire transfers.
Clasing will happily hire teachers from the Philippines to teach their one-to-one classes. The classes are through Skype. The student base is European adults.
Clasing Teacher Requirements:
- 6 months experience in the ESL industry
- no certification required
- neutral accent
- 3 to 5 Mbps LAN connection
- non-native speakers accepted
- no BA required
Clasing ELTS Pay
- 130php/hr in the afternoon
- 150php/hr for night shifts
- Pays you through BPI online transfer twice monthly
Tutoring is happy to hire teachers from the Philippines. Tutoring is audio-only and is geared towards Korean students. As a Tutoring teacher, you will offer audio conversation classes to both kids and adults. Tutoring offers flexible hours for tutors.
Tutoring Teacher Requirements
- Non-natives accepted
- Tutors based in the Philippines accepted
- wired internet required (no wifi)
- No BA required
- No certification required
BONUS #6: PalFish
While not audio-only, Palfish is also a very popular ESL company to work for if you are in the Philippines.
Yes, Palfish hires non-native speakers!
Palfish is an app that lets you teach English online and it is one of a few ESL companies that hire non-native speakers. This means you can teach from your phone or tablet. You can teach anywhere in the world with Palfish! You just need a wifi signal. Palfiish hires non-native speakers for its regular Free Chat feature.
Also, as always, sort through our comparison chart by “non-native” or “audio-only” or “Philippines” to find the company for you.
- The Ultimate Guide: Top 10 Online Jobs for Teens
- Penning Positivity: The Magic of Encouragement Letters
- Starlink Roam: Bridging the Galaxy for Online Education
- Bonjour! Guten Tag! Ciao! 6 European ESL companies you’ll love
- Dracula to Dangling Participles
- California Dreaming: Teach English Online from the Golden State
- From Pajamas to Paycheck: Online remote English teaching jobs
- Oui, Oui! Teaching English to French Students Online
- Read All About It: Free News Sites for learning English
- The Skillful Teacher: The Top Must-Read for Boosting Your Teaching Game